Celebrating the Eucharist
Pope Francis on the Eucharist
It is not creativity, however pastoral it may be, or meetings or planning that ensures our fruitfulness, even if these are greatly helpful. But what ensures our fruitfulness is our being faithful to Jesus, who says insistently: “Abide in me and I in you” (John 15:4). And we know well what that means: to contemplate him, to worship him, to embrace him, in our daily encounter with him in the Eucharist, in our life of prayer, in our moments of adoration; it means to recognize him present and to embrace him in those most in need. “Being with” Christ does not mean isolating ourselves from others. Rather, it is a “being with” in order to go forth and encounter others.
Schedule of Masses
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM
5:00 PM *Saturday, June 25, 2016 Mass is at 4:00 PM
8:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Saturday 4:00-4:40 or by appointment *Saturday, June 25, 2016 Confession is at 3:00 PM
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Tuesdays after the 8:00 AM Mass.
First Friday of every month after 8:00 AM Mass. Benediction 6:00 PM
JULY - First Friday Adoration is Cancelled; next one scheduled is Friday, August 5.
Divine Redeemer Announcements
Posted in Divine Redeemer Announcements on 05/26/16
Posted in Divine Redeemer Announcements on 05/03/16
Place your ORDER for fresh picked PEACHES OR PEARS from Palisade, CO Approx. 18 ... Read More »
Posted in Divine Redeemer Announcements on 04/24/16
WHEN: Friday, August 12, 2016
WHAT: Divine Redeemer Charity Golf Tournament
WHERE: Patty Jewett Municipal Golf Course
Join Father Brian for a day of “not so serious” golf at Patty Jewett to help raise funds for our kneelers, chairs, and misc. building improvements. Please also consider a sponsorship or donation and getting the word out to our community about his fun event! Brochures are available in the back of church with all the information you need to get signed up! We look forward to not only raising funds, but having a wonderful time! ~Stewardship Committee ... Read More »
Calendar of Events
Office Address and Hours
926 Farragut Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
(719)633-5559 Phone (719)234-0358 Fax
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
THE PARISH OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED : Friday, July 1 and Monday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day
Registration & Changes
Our food pantry is open the 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month from NOON to 2:00 PM in our Church Community Center. Only an ID is required. Next Food Pantry is Monday - June 27
June 13 - Food Pantry Served: 20-Families, 31-Adults, 11-Children & 17-Seniors.
Our Needs: Toilet Paper, feminine products & Kid Snacks—granola bars, crackers, fruit snacks, raisins, etc. canned fruit and Cereals.
THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS & DONORS!
- Father Brian Roeseler, Pastor
- Deacon Dave Bull, Pastoral Care
- Deacon Ray Milberg, Pastoral Care
- Mindy Emick, Receptionist/Sacramental Records
- Tom Faber, Facility Manager
- Trish Faber, Volunteer Coordinator/Athletic Director
- Daniel Foster, Music Director
- Carole Heindel, Office Business Manager
- Gina Klimek, Office Administrative Assistant
- Anda Rusnak, Youth & Sacramental Director
- Bernadette Tittle, DRE
- Marjie Wedele, School Principal
- Janet Damerell, School Administrative Assistant
Announcement of Position Vacancy
Job Title(s): Director of Religious Education
Location: Divine Redeemer Catholic Church, Colorado Springs, CO
Date Open: June 15, 2016
Date Closed: Open until filled
Pay Range: To be determined, DOE.
Announcement for DRE Position Vacancy- See here.
Job Description for DRE - See here.
To Apply: Complete this application. Print, scan and e-mail to
HERE, mail, drop off to Divine Redeemer Catholic Church,
926 Farragut Ave, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, Attn: HR.
(719) 633-5559 Include resume, as well.
Catholic Learning Through Technology
Our parishioners now have 24/7 access to the best Catholic content on any device, including your computer, smartphone, and tablet with Internet access. With FORMED you will find programs that explain the Catholic faith and help you implement it in your life! Registration is free for Divine Redeemer parishioners thanks to a gift to our Diocese.
Sign up is easy and fast! Visit Formed, type in our registration code 8XRJTZ and continue to register.
Check out this short video about Formed.
What is available in this program?
- Symbolon — Catholic Faith Explained
- Beloved — Finding Lasting Happiness in Marriage
- Lectio — Unveiling Scripture and Tradition
- Lighthouse Media — Audio Talks
- 33 Days to Morning Glory — a Spiritual Retreat Focused on Marian Devotion
- Catholicism Series — Helps Catholics Growth in Their Beliefs
If you have any questions, contact Parish Office at 719-633-5559.
Posted in Area Announcements on 06/02/16
The 2016 Summer Adult Formation Series will be taking place at Corpus Christi parish ... Read More »
Posted in Area Announcements on 06/01/16
Do you ever wonder what the Year of Mercy is all about or what ... Read More »
Posted in Area Announcements on 05/26/16
Flying W Wranglers concert to benefit Women Partnering
(http://stfranics.org/wp). Sunday, June 5, 2016. 2:00 ... Read More »
Respect Life Articles
Posted in Respect Life Articles on 06/07/16
* Abortion is not about "a woman making a decision about her own body". ... Read More »
Posted in Respect Life Articles on 05/24/16
"Don't look for applause, but look to obey the truth. Speaking just to find ... Read More »
Posted in Respect Life Articles on 05/19/16
Following South Dakota's enactment of the most pro-life law in America, Roe v. Wade ... Read More »
Readings for the Week of June 26, 2016
- Sunday: 1 Kgs 19:16b, 19-21 / Ps 16:1-2, 5, 7-11 / Gal 5:1, 13-18 / Lk 9:51-62
- Monday: Am 2:6-10, 13-16 / Ps 50:16-23 / Mt 8:18-22
- Tuesday: Am 3:1-8; 4:11-12 / Ps 5:4-8 / Mt 8:23-27
- Wednesday: Vigil: Acts 3:1-10 / Ps 19:2-5 / Gal 1:11-20 / Jn 21:15-19
- Day: Acts 12:1-11 / Ps 34:2-9 / 2 Tm 4:6-8, 17-18 / Mt 16:13-19
- Thursday: Am 7:10-17 / Ps 19:8-11 / Mt 9:1-8
- Friday: Am 8:4-6, 9-12 / Ps 119:2, 10, 20, 30, 40, 131 / Mt 9:9-13
- Saturday: Am 9:11-15 / Ps 85:9-14 / Mt 9:14-17
- Next Sunday: Is 66:10-14c / Ps 66:1-7, 16, 20 / Gal 6:14-18 / Lk 10:1-12, 17-20 or 10:1-9