October 15-16, 2016
At the 5pm and 8am:
- Confirmation class will meet Sunday (today) at 9:15-10:45am in Room #207 in the school.
For all Masses:
- Faith Formation and RCIC will NOT meet this week. Class will resume next week, October 23rd.
- St. Mary’s High School is hosting an Open House for 8th grade students this month see bulletin for details.
- During the month of November, we remember and pray for our deceased family members and friends. There will be sheets of paper at each door to the church on which you may write as many names as you wish. These will be collected, placed in a binder by the tabernacle, and remembered in our Prayers of the Faithful from All Souls Day until the beginning of Advent. Feel free to add names directly to the binder throughout the month.
- Our Food Pantry is collecting food items for their Thanksgiving Baskets please pick up one of these grocery bags at the back of Church to see their needs and how you can help out. A big thank you to all the volunteers in this Ministry!
- DR Students continue to sell $10 raffle ticket. Have you purchased yours yet? Don’t miss out on your chance at winning $500 to $5000 dollars. Your support helps both the School & Parish.
- Our annual gala is right around the corner and we have some exciting things happening this year! Our theme is Keeping the Spirit of Christmas Alive through Catholic Education and, like always, the casual, fun-filled evening will include dinner, a silent and live auction, dancing and fellowship. This year, we will also be holding an ugly Christmas sweater contest as part of the festivities and we invite all attendees to enter! The event will take place on November 12 at the Elks Lodge on North Nevada. Mass will be at 4pm on Saturday and the gala will start at 5:30. Tickets are $40 each for open seating and $45 for reserved seating. If you purchase your tickets by Sunday, October 23, you will receive one free drink ticket per ticket!
We are also introducing an online platform for ticket purchases and auction bidding, so if you can't attend, you can still participate in the fun online. You can find out more on how to register in the bulletin.
The committee is still in need of auction baskets. If you would like to donate individual items or complete baskets, please bring them to the school office and complete a donation form. Please keep the value of completed baskets to $75 or less. Thank you in advance for your generosity!
- And lastly, there are several flyers in the bulletin, please take time to check them all out.