October 22-23, 2016
For all Masses:
- During the month of November, we remember and pray for our deceased family members and friends. There are sheets of paper at each door to the church on which you may write as many names as you wish. These will be collected, placed in a binder by the tabernacle, and remembered in our Prayers of the Faithful from All Souls Day until the beginning of Advent. Feel free to add names directly to the binder throughout the month.
- Our Food Pantry is collecting food items for their Thanksgiving Baskets please pick up one of these grocery bags at the back of Church to see their needs and how you can help out. A big thank you to all the volunteers in this Ministry!
- Next weekend we have the KoC Blood Drive & Breakfast, the Prayer Shawl Group displaying their handmade shawls and Priesthood Sunday reception; also see Mass times for All Saints Day (a holy day of obligation) and All Soul’s Day in the bulletin.
- Friday, Nov 4 is First Friday Adoration, please sign up in back of church under narthex, we need full participation to keep this going.
- DR Students continue to sell $10 raffle tickets. Don’t miss out on a chance at winning $500 to $5000 dollars. Your support helps both the School & Parish.
- You are all invited to our annual gala, Keeping the Spirit of Christmas Alive through Catholic Education , like always, the casual, fun-filled evening will include dinner, a silent and live auction, dancing and fellowship. This event will take place on November 12 at the Elks Lodge on North Nevada. Mass will be at 4pm on Saturday and the gala will start at 5:30. You can find out more on how to register in the bulletin.
- Lastly, Bishop Michael Sheridan and Rev. Dr. Lowell Almen, interim pastor of First Lutheran Church, will co-preside at a Prayer Service for Christian Unity at First Lutheran Church, 1515 N. Cascade Ave. at 11:00 am on Saturday, Oct. 29th. All are invited to come and join us in prayer.