Catholic Charities News and Announcements
May 16, 2016
Looking to Expand Your Family Through Adoption?
Adoption Core Training will be offered by Catholic Charities of Central Colorado. Please contact 719-866-6535 for the schedule. Space is limited. Registration is required.
Did You Know?
National Family Month is May 8 through June 19! Catholic Charities has worked to strengthen families since it’s inception in 1968. Today, we’re advancing the way we lift families out of poverty with the implementation of a Family Resource Center model based on best practices in the field. Learn more at www.CCharitiesCC.org!
Ways to Help:
- Volunteer to help with the clothing closet on Mondays
- Weekday data entry volunteers for volunteer office. Flexibility with day/time possible.
- Family Day Center volunteers: Client Navigators, Family Lounge, Child Watch
- Volunteer newsletter helpers: aptitude in publications desired.
Please call volunteer coordinator Doug Rouse for more information about these and other volunteer opportunities: 719-866-6286.
Give: In-kind donations needed:
- For food boxes: mac and cheese, pb & j, ravioli, powdered milk, tuna, pasta, dried beans. Contact Kathy Brantley at 719-866-6281.
- Other items: backpacks, maternity clothes, baby wipes, men’s medium underwear, lightly worn tennis shoes (men and women’s), deodorant, razors, blankets or sleeping bags.
- Donations can be dropped off at the Marian House dock located at 14 West Bijou Street between 8 a.m. – 2 p.m., Monday – Saturday.