Youth Parish School of Religion (PSR)
Resources for Youth
- The Kids Bulletin
- Sunday Connection from Loyola Press
- FREE Faith and Life courses
- Prayers and Resources for Catholic Families During a Challenging Time from Sadlier Religion
- Spiritual Communion For Kids- Printable Pack With Craft!
- Weekly Mass Resources For Kids (When Attending Mass Isn’t Possible)
- Catholic Brain - 30 Day Free Access - #1 Catholic Faith Formation Platform for Students, Parents, Catechist & Teachers. Access over 5000 video lessons, ebooks, interactive games & quizzes.
- Strong Catholic Families - helping form faith-filled Catholic Families
- Brother Francis Videos
- Holy Heroes Mass Prep
- Create your own Marian Shrine at home
- Our Lady of Fatima Activities
Parents have the first responsibility for the education of their children. They bear witness to this responsibility first by creating a home where tenderness, forgiveness, respect, fidelity, and disinterested service are the rule. The home is well suited for education in the virtues. This requires an apprenticeship in self-denial, sound judgment, and self-mastery - the preconditions of all true freedom. Parents should teach their children to subordinate the "material and instinctual dimensions to interior and spiritual ones." Parents have a grave responsibility to give good example to their children. By knowing how to acknowledge their own failings to their children, parents will be better able to guide and correct them.(CCC 2223)
PreK4 - 7th Grade Parish School of Religion (PSR) Information
At Divine Redeemer, we are here to support the parents' role in their childrens' faith formation. Religious Education classes for Preschool (4 years old) through seventh grade are held in the Divine Redeemer School on Sundays, September through May, from 9:30-10:45 AM.
2021-22 Registration Forms coming soon!
6th and 7th Grade catechesis will take place during PSR on Sunday morning. This session will prepare your child for Confirmation class, which is taught during 8th Grade. Using Faith Fusion, which is a complete review of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, along with Theology of the Body for Middle School, this class will have age appropriate lessons that consistently focus on Scripture and Tradition of our Catholic faith while fulfilling the diocesan policy for Confirmation that requires religious education for candidates prior to receiving the Sacrament.